Chromebooks have become popular lately due to the growing demand for laptops in 2020. In addition, the pandemic has forced most people to spend more time inside their homes and do schoolwork and office work from the comfort of their homes. This led to a sharp increase in the demand for laptops.
However, many people still don’t know how to connect their wireless Bluetooth headphones with the Chromebook. If you are facing the same problem, then fret not. This guide will help you learn how to connect AirPods to Chromebook in the easiest way possible.
What Are Apple AirPods?
Apple has a longstanding policy of only allowing Apple products to be supported with its canopy of Apple devices. With a Macbook or iPhone and iPad, you can only use other Apple products to connect with it. This means that only Apple headphones will work with them.
Therefore, to provide the highest quality of music possible for Apple users, it launched its wireless earphones – the Apple AirPods. These earphones got praise for their crystal clear sound quality and premium feel.
Seeing the success of the AirPods, Apple soon updated them and launched newer versions of it, namely the 2nd and 3rd generations of the AirPods.
What Is A Chromebook?
To compete directly with Windows-powered laptops and iOS-powered Macbooks, Google launched ChromeOS. However, unlike Windows, this OS is only usable through the Chromebook.
The Chromebook is a laptop for students. Therefore, it only allows the Chrome browser and other Googor power applications like Gmail, YouTube, Docs, Sheets, Books, Duo, Classroom, and many more.
Initially launched by Samsung, the use of ChromeOS soon shifted to be used solely on select HP Chromebook laptops. While noted for its fast and hyper-responsive UI, Chromebooks outsell Macbooks for the first time in 2022.
Are Bluetooth Headphones Usable On Chromebook?
You know that Apple makes products that get used with other Apple devices. For example, AirPods are meant to be used with either an iPhone or a Macbook. However, you can still use AirPods with non-Apple devices, like how to connect AirPods to a Chromebook.
The only downside to this is that many essential features of the AirPods, like checking its battery percentage, will not be accessible through Chromebooks or any non-Apple devices.
How To Connect AirPods To Chromebook?
If you want to learn how to connect AirPods with Chromebook, then simply follow the steps explained below:
1. Go To Your Bluetooth Settings
First, you must check the Bluetooth settings of the Chromebook to ensure that it is switched on and is discoverable. To do so, you must:
- Click on the Quick Settings icon on the bottom right of the ChromeOS home screen.
- After the menu pops up, click on Bluetooth Settings at the top of the menu. Clicking on it will toggle the Bluetooth on and off. Make sure it’s switched on.
2. Search And Pair Your AirPods
Now that you have the Bluetooth of your Chromebook on, it’s time to move on to the next phase of how to connect AirPods to the Chromebook. First, you will need to search for and pair the AirPods with the Chromebook Bluetooth. To do so, you must:
- First, switch on your Apple AirPods, but do not connect them with any device.
- Double click on the Bluetooth Settings option from the Quick Settings menu.
- ChromeOS will start searching for nearby Bluetooth devices that are on. Click on Apple AirPods when it gets recognized by the Chromebook.
- It will then start pairing with your AirPods, which will only take a few seconds.
- If your Chromebook is not able to identify and pair with your AirPods, you need to press the Setup button present under the AirPods case.
3. Connect Your AirPods
The final step is to finish how to connect AirPods to Chromebook finally. To do so, you must:
- First, switch on your AirPods, but do not connect them with any device.
- Next, open your Chromebook Bluetooth Settings.
- Switch on your Chromebook Bluetooth.
- Double click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Select the already paired Apple AirPods and click on Connect.
After a few seconds, you will connect your AirPod to your Chromebook. That’s it! You have successfully learned how to connect AirPods to Chromebook!
After connecting the AirPods, make sure they are correctly connected and working. To do so, simply play music on your device and adjust the volume accordingly from your Chromebook. You can also continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed, and even play Battle Ground Mobile India.
How To Disconnect AirPods From Chromebook?
Even if you have learned how to connect AirPods with Chromebook, many people still wonder how to disconnect AirPods from Chromebook. Well, it’s just as easy connecting it. To do so, simply:
- Go to Bluetooth settings on your Chromebook.
- Click on Apple AirPods.
- Click on Disconnect.
Limitations Of Chromebook With AirPods
Now that you know how I connect AirPods with Chromebook, we have found out a few limitations. Though none of these are significant issues, it’s best if you know about them beforehand.
Many features of the AirPods will be unavailable on the Chromebook because these features are accessible only on Apple devices. These features are:
- You cannot check the current battery strength of your AirPods through your Chromebook.
- Features like Dolby Spatial Audio of the AirPods become inaccessible using your Chromebook.
- Siri also stops responding to your requests.
Frequently Asked Questions:–
Ans: There can be several reasons why your AirPods cannot connect with your Chromebook. First, check your Chromebook Bluetooth settings to check whether both the devices are paired with each other or not.
Ans: Your AirPods are not connecting because it does not have a charge or is not paired with the device you want to connect.
Ans: You connect your AirPods to your laptop by pairing them using Bluetooth connectivity.
Ans: To change AirPods between devices, simply disconnect it from one device and connect it with another.
Apple AirPods is one of the best earphones on the market right now. Therefore, if you use a Chromebook, you have to know how to connect your AirPods to Chromebook. To do so, you simply need to use the Bluetooth settings of your Chromebook and pair it with the AirPods.
However, you will not be able to use many features of the AirPods like its Dolby Spatial Audio and even check its remaining battery percentage.
If you liked reading about this guide, please check out our other blogs and share them as well.
Reading More About: